OST (Offline storage table) file is a local file in your Windows PC storage drive to save your emails and other data for offline use by Microsoft Office Outlook. MS Outlook uses this OST data while connected to exchange server is not available due to internet disconnectivity. OST files help Outlook to access mailboxes while your system is in offline mode. Generally one can not affect OST files with any type of manual actions but due to hardware, storage device or virus and malware attack sometimes OST file infected and leads to corruption. In this situation, Outlook email functions stopped working from damaged or corrupt OST file and users are unable to access emails from MS Outlook.
To fix this issue Microsoft Office Outlook OST files need to repair to recover mailboxes and access all data again in Outlook. The most recommended way to recover data from corrupt OST file is to repair damaged OST file and convert it PST file(Personal Storage Table) by using a third party OST to PST Converter Software. This tool Supports Outlook OST files from Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & older.
There are two ways to export Outlook OST data to PST format:
You can manually move outlook mailbox data to PST format. Using this method you can convert OST mail data to PST format, but you can’t recover your outlook contacts using this method, otherwise, all other data can be recovered. Follow the steps below:
- Open the OST file in Microsoft Outlook from which you need to recover data.
- On the File tab, select Info and then select Cleanup Tools.
- Next click on Archive
- Ensure that Archive this folder and sub-folders option is selected in Archive dialog box.
- Now, choose the directory where you want to save exported PST file.
- Choose a date in Archive items older than option and all the mail data received till the mentioned date will be archived.
- Chose a folder location for Archive file, where the converted PST files get stored.
- Click on Ok to complete the conversion process.
- Third Party OST to PST converter-
This is best and easiest way to convert OST files to PST files automatically. You don’t have to perform so many manual actions. A professional OST to PST converter easily exports or migrate corrupted OST data to PST format in bulk quantity. OST to PST converter tool can also convert OST files to MBOX, EML, MSG, and HTML & Office 365 Format. This tool supports all outlook versions office 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000 in any Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10.This tool is easy-to-use.
- Download and install the OST to PST converter software on your Windows PC.
- Run the Software.
- Click on Open and select the Exchange OST files in the opened
- Now, select the folder path where you want to save exported PST file.
- After that, start the scanning process.
- Next, select the OST files you want to recover and choose Convert
- Now, select the Save Destination Path & choose the file format like PST or other in Save Options.
- Click on Convert Now option to complete the migration of OST to PST file.
Conversion of OST files to PST format using manual method is complicated with the risk of data loss. You have to pay much attention for every step for performing the conversion process to keep away all the risks and you should have some technical knowledge to perform the procedure of migration process of OST files to PST format. Even if you completed all the process successfully, there are possibilities that all mailbox data may not be recovered. So, the best way to convert corrupted OST files to Outlook PST format is to use an OST to PST converter tool. Read More – https://goo.gl/j2386W