Like women, men also suffer from acne and skin problems. Men are not as conscious about their skin as women are. Men have comparatively hard and dry skin than that of women so a special skin care routine must be followed to get rid of acne and other skin issues. Most of the men suffer from acne in their teenage due to hormonal changes but these changes are not permanent. Acne in men can happen at any age because of different reasons. Some of the reasons of acne in men are:
- Excessive Exposure to Sun
Over exposure to sun increases oil production of skin which clogs your skin pores. One must use a suitable sunscreen before going into sun.
- Bad Shaving Habits
Use of wrong shaving gel or contaminated razor can cause severe skin problems. Using unsterilized razor increases the risk of hepatitis B and C. Never share your razor or shaving gel applicator with anyone.
- Hormonal Imbalance
The main reason of acne in men is hormonal imbalance. Increased production of sebaceous glands can cause certain skin inflammations. When these hormones come in contact with bacteria, acne starts to formulate on skin.
- Less Consumption of Omega-3
Deficiency of omega-3 makes your skin dry and dull. Excessive thirst, sleep problems and emotional sensitivity can also be observed. Soybean, walnuts, canola and salmon are the natural resources to obtain omega-3.
- Excessive Consumption of Carbohydrates
Men who consume high amount of carbohydrates in their diet often suffer from acne and skin inflammation.
- Anabolic Steroids
Steroids which are used to gain weight are highly dangerous. It may solve your issue temporarily, but it damages your kidneys and liver. It makes your skin oily and cause acne vulgaris.
Stress and emotional disturbance contribute towards damaged skin. Hormones like adrenal androgens and glucocorticoids are released during stress. Theses glands promotes oil production on skin which as a result cause acne.
There are certain natural remedies which can be followed in order to save yourself from acne:
- Use face cleanser that best suits you. Don’t forget to moisturize your face every now and then. It prevents your skin from drying out;
- Don’t wash your face more than two times a day. Over washing your face makes your skin dry. Scales form due to dryness;
- Don’t sleep while wearing sun blocks or other products;
- Exfoliate your skin regularly to remove dead cells and dust particles from pores;
- Use good razors and suitable shaving cream. Don’t share your razor with any one, it can do severe skin damage;
- If you have dry hair, use an anti-dandruff shampoo. It prevents your skin from getting dry and rough.
Advanced Shave Formula provides extra close shave with no itch or irritation. It can be applied on sensitive skin without any hesitation. Cyclic acid present in this formula fights against clogged pores, acne breakouts and ingrown hair. Men Soothing after Shave helps in reducing razor burn and gives you a smooth and soft touch. AROMESSENCE – Triple Action Shave Protector Serum contains jojoba seed oil and almond extract which slows hair regrowth for a long-lasting shave. It can be used before or after shaving that enhance the effect of shaving products.