Concerts are heavy investments. There is so much involved in planning a concert. Let’s look at a few things that most people think is basic need in a concert
- The venue should be decided months before the concert is due. Even when you are in the planning stage, and have a rough idea of which city you are planning the concert for, you should start hunting for the venue. The perfect venue takes time to show up, and if you don’t pre-book, it might cost a fortune.
- Venue recee is yet another thing that is taken for granted when organizing a concert. If you think you can just book a venue and rely on the reviews, then you are mistaken. You should ideally shortlist the venues, and identify the ones that match your needs. Next thing you know you should be going on a venue reccee. This would help you know if the venue you are planning to hire for the concert is worth the money or not. This would even help you know whether you can accommodate the concert you are planning or not.
- Third, who all can come to the concert. Some concerts are private while others are public. What type of concert would you like to hold for the music you have in mind? Once that is determined, you might want to go in with the guest list. Let’s just say you want to know when the sold out board goes up? The invitee list to the private concert needs to be determined too. This will help in proper planning
- If you are planning on a huge crowd, you might want to get into the crowd management aspect as well. How are you planning to keep the crowd in check, and not bother the band with the mess of the crowd? There will be instances when the crowd pulls at some members of the crowd, in case of public concerts. You will need to attend to the crowd management needs
- If you are planning on holding a concert in an area that is secluded or is known for notorious activities, you probably need to up your security and make provisions for possible damage. In some cases, the people tend to stop the concert from being held too. This can cause monetary loss.
- Passes are a major aspect of concerts. You may want to manage it online. This can call for developing an application for the concert months before, testing it, and ensuring it works properly. You don’t want people complaining once the concert announcement has been made
Even with such proper planning, there are times when you face the adversity. This is when you need to invest in concert insurance. It will help keep a check on your needs, and make sure you have a good monetary backing. Let’s say the insurance will cover up the damages, the no-show and even the cancellation costs that you might have to face in case things don’t go as per the plan.