The NEET 2019 Cut off will be out on June 5, 2019, shortly after the declaration of the NEET result by The National Test Agency (NTA).
The NEET Cut off 2019 specifies the minimum marks for the candidates to qualify for the medical entrance exam. That means the NEET 2019 cut off mark will set the limit for the qualification of the candidates. The candidates having marks equal to or more than the NEET Cut off 2019 will be eligible to get admitted to medical, dental and allied courses.
The candidates who are aspiring to study MBBS abroad will have to score marks equal to NEET cut off 2019.
NEET 2019 aspirants can check here the important details related to NEET Cut Off 2019 such as minimum qualifying percentile, tiebreaker criteria, merit list, rank list and counseling process etc.
Latest: The last date to submit NEET 2019 application form is November 30
The NEET Cut off for candidates belonging to UR category is 119 marks (out of 720) to qualify NEET 2019, while the Cut off for OBC/SC/ST category candidates is 96 marks.
- The NEET Cut off Marks for OBC-PH category is 96.
- The highest mark secured in NEET Cut off 2018 is 691 out of 720.
- There’s decrease in cut offs of NEET 2019. The decrease is of 12 marks for unreserved category and 11 marks for reserve category.
Minimum Qualifying Percentile- NEET Cut off 2019
The minimum qualifying percentile is the least percentile required for the candidates to qualify for 2019. This percentile is calculated on the basis of the relative performance of all the candidates. Candidates to qualify for NEET 2019will have to secure equal to or more than the percentile.
Calculation of NEET Cut off Percentile
Percentile indicates how a candidate performs in comparison to others who appear in the exam. It’s the relative performance of a candidate against the performance of all the candidates. This percentile shows the percentage of students who have scored below that particular candidate.
Qualifying Marks out of 720
Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) & Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Physical Handicap (PH)
324 (UR), 288 (Reserve Category)
The NEET 2019 cut off is not released yet. Percentile Mode-NEET Cut off 2018
Category Minimum Qualifying Percentile Cutoff Marks No. of Candidates Qualified Unreserved (UR) 50th Percentile 119 6,34,897 Unreserved Physical Handicap (UR-PH) 45th Percentile 107 205 Scheduled Caste (SC) 40th Percentile 96 17, 209 Scheduled Tribe (ST) 40th Percentile 96 7, 446 Other Backward Classes (OBC) 40th Percentile 96 54, 653 SC-PH 40th Percentile 96 36 ST-PH 40th Percentile 96 12 OBC-PH 40th Percentile 96 104
NEET Cut off 2019: Tie-Breaker Criteria
- The tie-breaker criteria arise where two or more candidates secure equal marks. Taking tie-breaker criteria into consideration, the NEET merit list 2019 will be prepared. The following steps are to be followed:Marks in Chemistry in NEET 2019: If the above criterion fails, then candidate with more marks in Chemistry will get the preference over the one with lesser marks.Age: If the tie still stands, then older the candidate will get the priority.
- Number of Wrong Answers: Even if these criteria fail, the candidates with least number of wrong answers will be given the priority.
- Marks in Biology in NEET 2019: Candidates who have secured more marks in Botany and Zoology (Biology) will be given preference over the candidates having lesser marks.
- What’s 15% All India Quota?
- 15% All India quota means admission to all the medical colleges of the country will be done through 15% of All India Quota and the rest 85% are through state quota.
- For example, if a medical college has total 100 seats, 15 admissions will be done through all India quota and rest 85 seats are filled by state quota.
- Merit List-15% ALL INDIA Quota Counseling
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), the regulatory body for the counseling of 15% All India Quota seats will do the NEET 2019 counseling that is most probably in 2nd week of June 2019. The candidates who have successfully qualified the exam by securing the minimum the NEET cut off 2019 for their respective categories will be entitled for this merit list. The counseling of NEET 2019 will be conducted through online mode. The candidate will have to register online with DGHS when the registration process of the NEET 2019 counseling starts.The counseling of NEET 2019 for the remaining 85% State Quota seats will be conducted by the respective state authorities.
- NEET 2019 counseling for 15% All India Quota seats will be of two rounds while in case of Central & Deemed Universities and ESIC colleges, the counseling is conducted in three rounds.
- This NEET counseling 2019 will be done for the 15% of the total seats of all the medical colleges of the country, known as 15% All India Quota seats. This counseling is applicable to all the government colleges (except for colleges of J&K), all the seats of Central and Deemed Universities, seats reserved Insured Persons in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges and seats for the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune.
- There are two types of ranks are released- All India Rank (AIR) & All India Quota (AIQ) rank i.e. All India merit list & 15% AIQ merit list. This list consists of the names of candidates having scored more than the minimum qualifying percentile and the list will be submitted to respective counseling conducting authorities.
- NEET Counseling 2019: Schedule
- Round 1 for All India Quota Deemed Universities, Central Universities and ESIC Colleges
|Registration, Choice Filling & Indicative Seat||2nd week of June 2019|
|Exercising of Choices and Locking||3rd Week of June 2019|
|Process of Seat Allotment||3rd Week of June 2019|
|Result Announcement||4th Week of June 2019|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College||1st week of July 2019|
Round 2 for All India Quota Deemed Universities, Central Universities & ESIC Colleges
|Registration and Choice Filling||1st Week of July 2019|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||2nd Week of July 2019|
|Allotment Result||3rd Week of July 2019|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||4th Week of July 2019|
Mop-Up Round for Deemed Universities, Central Universities and ESIC Colleges
|Exercising of Choices and Locking||2nd Week of August 2019|
|Process of Seat Allotment||3rd Week of August 2019|
|Result Announcement||3rd Week of August 2019|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College||4th Week of August 2019|
NEET Counselling 2019 Procedure
- Online Registration
- Choice Filling & Locking
- Result Declaration
- Reporting to the Allotted College
NEET Admission 2019
As the seats are allotted to the candidate, they have to report at the allotted college within stated time period. For the admission procedure, candidates have to bring their original documents for verification. In the event of not being able to report to the allotted college, then his/her seat will be cancelled and won’t be permitted to participate in further rounds of counseling.
Documents required for verification at the time of Admission:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheets & certificates
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Proof
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- NEET 2019 Rank Card/Rank Letter
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Eight Passport size photograph (Six)
- Provisional Allotment Letter