Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a type of sexual dysfunction in men in which a man is persistently not able to get and sustain a strong and firm erection of penis for penetration into female vagina. It is also known as male impotence. The consequence is lack of satisfaction and physical pleasure in both partners. Men between 40 -70 years of age are more commonly affected but today, large population of young men also suffers from erectile dysfunction due to poor lifestyle, stress, depression, anxiety, frustration, heart diseases, and diabetes.
Treatment with medicines is widely prescribed treatment for men suffering from ED as medicines are convenient to take as compared to the other treatments. The commonly prescribed medicines used for treating erectile dysfunction include phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE-5 inhibitors) like Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil. Today generic versions of medicines are also available at the affordable rates than the branded versions.
Tadalis and its active component
• Tadalafil is the active component of Tadalis
• It is available as 20mg tablet to be administered orally.
• It is generic version of brand Cialis
• Tadalafil, the active component in Tadalis has a long half-life of 17.5 hours that results in longer duration of action.
• It is a generic equivalent of its branded version Cialis.
Mechanism of action of Tadalis
Tadalis inhibits the PDE- 5 enzyme present in large amount in penis. This inhibitory action prevents the degradation of cGMP which in turn increases the concentration of cGMP inside penis causing relaxation of smooth muscles and dilation of blood vessels inside penis.The dilated blood vessels facilitate more blood to flow into the penis. This increased blood supply to the penis results in firm and strong penile erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse.
Adverse effects of Tadalis include
• Loss of vision
• Hearing loss
• Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
• Pain in muscles, back, arms or leg
• Shortness of breath
• Persistent cough
• Upper Respiratory tract infection
• Skin rashes
Onset of action and Duration of effect
The action of Tadalis Tablets begins within 30 to 60 minutes after taking the medicine. The duration of effect of this medicine is 36 to 40 hours on an average.
Directions for use
• Tadalis can be taken with food or without food.
• Take this medicine 30 to 60 minutes prior to sexual intercourse.
• Do not exceed the dose or duration of treatment without doctor’s advice
• Avoid crushing, chewing or splitting the tablets. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
• There should be 24-hours gap between two doses.
Warning and Precautions
• Give your complete medical history to your doctor before starting this medicine.
• Alcohol and tobacco consumption is strictly prohibited during treatment with Tadalis.
• If you forget the dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
• Do not take two doses at the same time to compensate for the missed dose.
• You can skip the dose if it’s almost the time for next scheduled dose.
• In case you experience overdose symptoms such as pain in chest, nausea, irregular heartbeats and feeling light-headed feeling or fainting, call your physician right away.
• This medicine is contraindicated in patients taking blood pressure lowering medicines and nitrate drugs.
• Do not consume Tadalis if you who are allergic to Tadalis or any other PDE-5 inhibitor.
• Tadalis should not be taken by the patients with a physical deformity of the penis as there is an increased risk of permanent loss of sexual potency.
• Avoid taking Tadalis if you are suffering from severe kidney and liver dysfunction.
• This medicine is not recommended for use in men below 18 years of age, pregnant women and nursing mothers.